Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Clover Market - Perfectly Lovely


Facebook fans know that I made an odd gift request for my birthday last week. While many women ask their husbands for perfume or jewelry or a day at the spa, I asked mine to build me a "bakery" display shelf for my booth at this past Sunday's Clover Market. I figured since so many of my baby gift items were food-inspired, I should have a bakery display to showcase my cupcake and sundae sets, the new "bun in the oven" gift sets, and coffee-inspired sets.

And not long ago I stumbled upon Shauna and Stephen's design for a similar bakery case over on their blog Something's Hiding in There. And so an idea was born - the Babee Crafts' Bakery Booth, complete with bunting and vintage table cloths and a retro apron (thanks Creative Chics). It's still evolving. I have plenty of new ideas for my next fair, which will hopefully be a return to Clover Market in mid-September.

I had a grand time scoping all the other vendors at Clover Market. I was fortunate enough to have some great "neighbors" on Sunday who volunteered to watch my booth so I could grab a quick peak and some of the other displays (thanks Sally and Anna!). Besides wanting to spend every penny I made while I was there, I also got to finally meet some of the people that I've been following on Etsy and Twitter - like John Sturgis, Christina of Momo Trees, and Jan of Janzibar. And like the marvelous Jen McCleary, whose blog I stalk. And just like her work, her booth was gorgeous. It sucked you in!

A newcomer at this month's market was Rebecca of Chirp and Bloom. I must confess that I scoped her booth quite a bit. It was just too adorable. And okay, I may have snapped a few pics of her booth and tagged them with "ideas for my booth". Her simple touches, curtains on the side of her booth, a rug, all made her display feel welcoming and uncluttered, and perfectly lovely.

Just like Clover Market in general - welcoming and perfectly lovely (and a little clutter isn't such a bad thing, especially if it's vintage!)

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice meeting you at Clover! Now we're stalking each other's blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - so great to meet you also. Hope to see you in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen. It was so nice meeting you this past Sunday. Thanks for the shout out btw!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...